Copyright 2021 Crown Immigration Corporation
Developed & Maintained by Nav Pal
All Rights Reserved.

09:00AM - 6:00PM

Our Opening Hours: Monday to Friday


Email: rajpalsinghhothi@gmail.com


Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)

Crown Immigration Corporation > Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the globe.

Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications are assessed based on an applicant’s ability to become economically established upon immigrating to Canada. Skilled workers usually apply through point-based system. From January 1, 2015, Federal Skilled Worker applications are being processed through the Express Entry selection system. Candidates eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker Program must first make an expression of interest for immigrating to Canada by creating an online Express Entry profile.


In order to qualify for Canadian Federal Skilled Worker applicants must:

  • Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill level of 0, A or B); and/or
  • Qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer(s); and
  • Pass a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada’s two official languages (English or French)


In addition, Federal Skilled Worker applicants must attain at least qualifying points based on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) immigration selection factors.


The selection factors are summarized as follows:

  • Age: Applicants are awarded up to 100 points with a spouse and up to 110 without a spouse.
  • Education: Applicants are awarded up to 140 points with a spouse and up to 150 without a spouse.
  • Language Skills: Applicants are awarded up to 150 with a spouse and 160 without a spouse.
  • Canadian Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 70 points with a spouse and 80 without a spouse.
  • Adaptability: Applicants are awarded up to 50 points.
  • Foreign Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 50 points.
  • Arranged Employment: Applicants are awarded up to 200 or 50 points. NOC 00 will get 200 points. Arranged Employment and any other NOC 0, A, B will be awarded 50 points. Provincial/ Territorial Nominations will be awarded 600 points.


In addition to fulfilling eligibility and points requirements, applicants must show that they have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependents upon arrival in Canada.


As a skilled worker or professional, there are several options for you to consider. You can either apply under the federal program or, if you know which province/territory you plan to reside, you can make your application through one of the provincial programs.


Federal Skilled Worker: For skilled worker applicants who intend to reside in any province or territory.

Quebec Skilled Worker: For skilled worker applicants who wish to immigrate to the province of Quebec only.


Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP) Skilled Worker

Many Canadian provinces have created specific skilled worker programs for those intending to live and work in their particular province or territory. These are fast-track Canadian Immigration (Permanent Residency) programs.

Areas of Practice

Select a Service

Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa)


Extend Visitor Status / Stay / Record


Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)


Parents & Grandparents Super Visa


Parents & Grandparents Super Visa Income


Extend Super Visa Status / Stay / Record


Spousal Sponsorship – Outside Canada


Spousal Sponsorship – Inside Canada


Spousal Sponsorship Appeals


Admissibility Hearings (CBSA)


Admissibility Hearings (ID)


Admissibility Hearings (IAD)


Permanent Resident Card Renewal


Permanent Resident Card Questionnaire


Residency Obligation Appeal


Canadian Citizenship Application


Canadian Citizenship Questionnaire


Canadian Citizenship Certificate


Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship


Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship Income


Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship Appeal


Study Permit


Extend Study Permit Status


Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)


Work Permit


Extend Work Permit Status


Spousal Open Work Permit


Restoration of Status


Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C)


Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)


Home Child-Care Provider Pilot


Home Support Worker Pilot


Orphan Sponsorship


Refugee Status Claim (Inland)


Basis of Claim Form (BOC)


Refugee Hearing (RPD)


Refugee Claim Appeal (RAD)


Protected Person Application


Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA)


Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)


Business Visitor Visa


Multiple Entry Stamp


Verification of Status (VOS)


Canadian Citizenship Search Letter


Procedural Fairness Response


Affidavit / Commissioner For Oaths


Statutory Declaration


Minor Travel Permission


Name Change


Interview Preparation


Miscellaneous Services


Business Categories


Start-Up Visa


Federal Skilled Trades (FST)


Express Entry (Create Profile)


Canadian Experience Class (CEC)


Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)