Copyright 2021 Crown Immigration Corporation
Developed & Maintained by Nav Pal
All Rights Reserved.

09:00AM - 6:00PM

Our Opening Hours: Monday to Friday


Email: rajpalsinghhothi@gmail.com


Verification of Status (VOS)

Crown Immigration Corporation > Verification of Status (VOS)

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the globe.

A Verification of Status document will contain information that appeared on your original Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, Work Permit, Study Permit or other immigration documents. This document can be used when you must provide proof of historical immigration information, such as the date and place of entry to Canada. The Verification of Status document cannot be used for travel and is not an identity document.


You may obtain a VOS document outlining the pertinent historical information for the following:

  • Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056)
  • Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000)/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
  • Visitor Record (IMM 1097 or IMM 1442)
  • Work Permit (IMM 1102 or IMM 1442)
  • Study Permit (IMM 1208 or IMM 1442)
  • Exclusion Order (IMM 1214)
  • Deportation Order (IMM 1215)
  • Departure Order (IMM 5238)
  • Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada (IMM 1263)
  • Authorization to Return to Canada (IMM 1203)
  • Protected Persons


Note: The actual document itself will not be issued. Instead, a plain paper document will be issued that will provide information about your immigration history.


If you require specific information that was originally captured on the immigration document (immigration category, document validity dates, etc), you must specify this in your application for a Verification of Status document


Verification of Status of a deceased person

If you are requesting a Verification of Status document for a deceased person, there are specific criteria that must be met. Please note that replacement of a valid temporary resident document will not be issued for a deceased person.


Personal information can be released, without consent, if an individual has been deceased for more than 20 years. If you are requesting a VOS document for someone who has been deceased for more than 20 years, you must include a death certificate or a copy of the vital statistics record from the province/territory where the person lived.


We cannot disclose personal information about an individual who has been dead for less than 20 years. In some cases, an exception will be made if the executor or the estate or on having Power of Attorney requires the deceased’s personal information to administer his/her estate. In these cases, you must provide proof of death, which may include a copy of an obituary notice, a death certificate or photograph of the person’s tombstone, as well as proof of executorship or Power of Attorney.

Areas of Practice

Select a Service

Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa)


Extend Visitor Status / Stay / Record


Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)


Parents & Grandparents Super Visa


Parents & Grandparents Super Visa Income


Extend Super Visa Status / Stay / Record


Spousal Sponsorship – Outside Canada


Spousal Sponsorship – Inside Canada


Spousal Sponsorship Appeals


Admissibility Hearings (CBSA)


Admissibility Hearings (ID)


Admissibility Hearings (IAD)


Permanent Resident Card Renewal


Permanent Resident Card Questionnaire


Residency Obligation Appeal


Canadian Citizenship Application


Canadian Citizenship Questionnaire


Canadian Citizenship Certificate


Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship


Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship Income


Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship Appeal


Study Permit


Extend Study Permit Status


Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)


Work Permit


Extend Work Permit Status


Spousal Open Work Permit


Restoration of Status


Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C)


Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)


Home Child-Care Provider Pilot


Home Support Worker Pilot


Orphan Sponsorship


Refugee Status Claim (Inland)


Basis of Claim Form (BOC)


Refugee Hearing (RPD)


Refugee Claim Appeal (RAD)


Protected Person Application


Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA)


Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)


Business Visitor Visa


Multiple Entry Stamp


Verification of Status (VOS)


Canadian Citizenship Search Letter


Procedural Fairness Response


Affidavit / Commissioner For Oaths


Statutory Declaration


Minor Travel Permission


Name Change


Interview Preparation


Miscellaneous Services


Business Categories


Start-Up Visa


Federal Skilled Trades (FST)


Express Entry (Create Profile)


Canadian Experience Class (CEC)


Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)