Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need IELTS or TOEFL to submit a study permit application?
No. You do not need to provide proof of English ability in a study permit application. You may, however, need to submit proof of language ability in order to gain acceptance to a Canadian school.
Do I need to do a medical exam?
What happens next if my study permit is refused?
Can I stay in Canada after graduation?
As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have:
- A valid passport or travel document;
- A valid study permit if you are returning to study in Canada;
- A valid visitor visa, if you are a citizen of a visa-required country;
- An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) by March 15, 2016 if you are from an eTA-required country and received your student permit before August 1, 2015 and you plan to travel from and return to Canada by air. Note: Students who get their study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015 will automatically be issued an eTA along with their permit.
You must re-apply for a temporary resident visa (visitor visa) if:
- Your visa has expired; or
- Your visa was only valid for a single entry to Canada.
Apply for a visitor visa at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada, or if you are in Canada and hold a valid study permit or work permit you may apply for a new visa at Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. For further information, contact us.